Covid-19 Safety Measures
Laurentian Ski Hill – Return to the slopes!
At Laurentian Ski Hill (LSH) our most important goal is to provide a safe environment for both our users and our employees. These protocols are our commitment to keeping you healthy and keeping our hill open through the entire season, so that everyone is able to continue to do what they love….ski and snowboard.
We are implementing stringent health and safety protocols to ensure the hill is operational to the standards we expect to provide our riders with access to the hill uninterrupted. We strongly believe these stringent protocols are required to reduce the risk for disruption and for the protection of our community. These protocols will be continually reviewed and updated to ensure compliance to the changing regulations.
In addition to the masking, distancing, enhanced check-in process, capacity rules for the upper / lower lodge, and in adherence with the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 requirements, LSH will be implementing a mandatory vaccination policy.
All individuals over the age of 12, born in 2009 or earlier, will be required to show proof of vaccination to access any outdoor or indoor LSH facilities.
Updated January 6, 2022
- Limited access to indoor areas
Entry to the upper chalet is reserved only for access to purchase tickets / retail, rental shop, lockers, washrooms, first aid, and limited access for exempted identified groups permitted under the regulations (O. Reg. 263/20: RULES FOR AREAS IN STEP 2). In addition, the lower chalet will be available to purchase and pickup food for consumption at the available outdoor areas.
- Requirements for organized user groups
As previously stated, prior to permitting any participants in an organized user group or event to practice, ski, or snowboard at the hill, the group must prepare a safety plan in accordance rules for stage 2. This plan shall now be updated and provided to LSH. The plan shall describe the new measures and procedures which have been implemented or will be implemented to reduce the transmission risk of COVID-19 including but not limited to how athletes will be screened, measures to ensure physical distancing and crowd control, cleaning / sanitization of shared equipment, and communication on contact tracing in the event an exposure were to occur. As a recommendation, we suggest that group size be limited to 10, similar to what LSH is implementing for our ski school operations.
- Masks will be required at all times indoors, in lift lines, while on the lift, or where distancing is difficult.
All users must wear a mask at all times while in the upper or lower lodge. Masks are not required outdoors when distancing is easily achieved, but we do ask all riders to wear a mask when in line or on the quad lift or when within two metres of another individual who is not part of their household.
Did you know? A proper mask is a much better option than just a balaclava or a buff, which turns droplets into aerosol. Kombi has developed a whole line of winter PPE with removable filters. They will be for sale at new ticket window.
- We ask guests to come to the hill ready to hit the slopes with boots on
With the very limited access to the upper chalet; we are offering outdoor heated areas to gear up and the fire pit at the top of the Terrain Park will be going regularly to keep you warm
The lodge will only be accessible for retail, rental, storage areas, washrooms, and to provide first aid. At this time, we don’t see any need to limit daily lift ticket sales as long as all other protocols are followed. Day tickets may be purchased at our new ticket windows or inside the lodge
- Lift tickets, snacks and drinks will be available through our new ticket windows
You will see the new path from the front doors guiding you around the building to our ticket windows. It will be fully signed as well. If at all possible, please use contactless payment.
- The Laurentian Café will be open for take out only
The Laurentian Café will operate in compliance with the updated rules for stage 2 until such time we can again offer indoor dinning. We encourage those eating outside together be limited to 10 people and do so with individuals from same household.
- Vaccination requirements for all users, employees, coaches, volunteers, visitors, and contractors age 12 or older, essentially those born in 2009 or earlier.
All riders above the age of 12 will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to the purchase of either a season pass or a lift ticket. Proof of an enhanced vaccination record will need to occur for each user prior to issuance of their pass or for those who require access to the lodge including coaches, visitors, and volunteers prior to access to the lodge. All user groups of the hill be expected to comply with this requirement. This requirement applies to users of the hill regardless if they enter the chalet or not. This requirement protects the vison Laurentian Ski Hill has to provide a safe environment without disruption throughout the season.
- You must have received the approved full series of vaccines by Public Health Canadaor a combination of accepted vaccines at least 14 days before your date of hill use.
- An official proof of vaccination receipt — displayed either on a smartphone or a physical copy of the proof of enhanced vaccination record must be presented at time of entry with your lift ticket along with one government-issued ID (i.e., driver’s license, health card, student card or passport). Ontario residents can access their official vaccine receipts at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
- All LSH staff, as well as all user groups, must adhere to the policy and be fully vaccinated.
- Exemption to this vaccination requirement will only be provided to those who have proof of medical exemption which includes a signed letter from an Ontario Physician on official letterhead of the medical professional. This exemption requirement is in compliance of the guidelines provided by Public Health and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
- Please ride the lift with your household
Lift will be limited to two riders, unless riding together with members of a household. If you are riding the chair lift with persons not from your household there must be one empty seat left between. Parents are encouraged to ride the chairlift with their kids to help make the lift line as efficient as possible. As a reminder, masks must be worn at all times while in line for the lift and while on the lift.
- Parking will be limited at the top of the hill
If you have a season pass, please park at the bottom of the ski hill to avoid congestion at our shared upper parking lot.
NOTE: For the safety of all, patrons under quarantine or isolation, or who have been exposed or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, must not come to the hill.
We thank you in advanced for your cooperation in ensuring the health and safety of employees and users is a priority. We have worked closely with our government partners, safety advisors and colleagues at Ontario Ski……to safely welcome you back to enjoy the many exciting activities at LSH.